August 27, 2009

TheMusicGeek Blogs for Charities

This is going to be slightly different from my other blog posts. I know a lot of blogs have ads that the blogger uses to pad their incomes or make a little extra money on the side. As of now I don't have any ads on my page, but that may change very soon. I am not going to make money off of the advertisements but would use the cash I generate to donate to organizations I deem worthy. These organizations would include domestic as well as international not-for-profit groups aiding women and children. After pouring over The New York Times Magazine's issue on women in developing countries and the hurdles they face, especially the article on the all girl's school in Afganistan, I think I am definitely going to put some of my future earnings towards the education of girls in developing countries. The rest will probably go towards organizations fighting the spread of tuberculosis, polio, and other illnesses in the developing world. The article on the assault of girls and education really moved me and made me realize how fortunate I am to have completed high school as well as go on to higher education when most women in other parts of the world never see the inside of an elementary school. Once I have decided which organizations to which I will donate, I will post them in the side bar as well as keep a tally each month of the amount of money that went to each group. The only issue which I am trying to work out is I am not yet approved for Ad Sense I am waiting on that, and getting a bit impatient...if I am not approved I will find another way to use this blog to help others. I'll just have to be a bit more creative.

look here for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment