August 26, 2009

Lost Songs from My mp3 part 4

The Catherine Wheel - Black Metallic
One of the best make out songs ever created! However I have yet to use it...I haven't exactly had that much luck with guys lately...



Tegan and Sara - Speak Slow
The coolest singers/song writers lesbian identical twins I know...or the only ones I know.



Bright Eyes - Lover I Don't Have To Love
Another awesome make out song...even though the lyrics aren't exactly cheery...



Tapes 'n Tapes - Omaha
Once an indie "it" band this was from their wonderfully over-hyped debut album The Loon.



NOFX - American Errorist
NOFX is an artifact from my punk music phase lasting between the ages of 12 to 14. I listened to a ton of Anti-Flag, Bad Religion, Bad Brains, and Clash at that time...I still do but I no longer have any desire to dye my hair cherry red and get a mohawk...phew.




Mark Ronson - Apply Some Pressure (Maximo Park remix)
I really like the original version but Ronson almost makes it a completely different song with the remix.



Nine Black Alps - Unsatisfied
One of the random British indie bands that sprang up after The Libertines love fest and slowly fizzled as the British revival died down...they may still be around like The Subways but they aren't getting much press coverage at the moment.



The Strokes - What Ever Happened?
The Strokes is one of those bands indie snobs should "disown" because they are semi mainstream, but you just can't. They are too fucking good to dislike and too good looking not love. I get giddy like a 13 year old girl every time I hear the name Julian Casablancas...oh hormones.



Deep Blue Something - Breakfast At Tiffany's
An older song (not as old as Black Metallic that's from '92) about the unraveling of a relationship.




No comments:

Post a Comment