August 16, 2009

Indie Blog Post! Its about time

I have been neglecting Indie for a bit...time to get a good indie playlist started.

Surf City - Records of a Flagpole Skater
It sounds like the Beach Boys meet some riot punkers, the Beach Boys win the fight, but the punks still maintain their screaming and shouting.



It Hugs Back - Work Day
Belle and Sebastian's love child only a bit happier, no morbid story lines or depressing scenarios (Dear Catastrophe Waitress wasn't exactly a happy album).



Phantom Band - Folksong Oblivion
Yes! Joy Division and Bauhaus meet some brit poppers...I dig, although I'm not sure everyone else will.


Cut Off Your Hands - Turn Cold
A hint of the Smiths with some emo undertones, and before you get scared off by the "e" word just give it a listen, and check out Emo: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.



The Dodos - Fables
There are certain genres and bands that almost become part of us, like they are ingrained in our personality. I know there are certain songs my friends may hear me play and know right off the bat that "its sooo me" this is one of those songs. I think people would be surprised if it weren't in my music collection.



Les Savy Fav - Patty Lee
Weird video, good song.



Thunderbirds Are Now - We Win (Ha Ha)
Another strange emo indie merger...and yet I like, the piano adds a nice touch.







No comments:

Post a Comment