September 19, 2009

Julian Casablanca's Solo Album

There have been rumors circling around about this album for months, and then the tracks were leaked to YouTube only to be taken down hours later. Now Spin has legitimately released one of the singles "11th Dimension."



I think, Julian is definitely trying to establish an identity for himself outside of The Strokes, which is hard to do if you are the lead singer of the band, because everyone associates your voice with the "trademark sound." However, I think the level of experimentation on this track somewhat surpasses anything The Strokes have done collectively. The synths give the tune an eighties dance vibe, but Julian's droll voice tones it down a bit. I like it almost as much as I like Julian's hair and dreamy eyes...and now I sound like a hormonal 14 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment