September 8, 2009

The Death Of My mp3 (RIP)

So today my mp3 died...and I am in mourning. It had been going on me for weeks, playing the same song over and over again, I am so sick of Muse's the Knights of Cyodonia! At first I thought I had just put the thing on repeat, but then it froze, the LCD screen flickering, fading in and out of that icy blue glow, as if the poor thing was in a coma. It's strange to become so attached to a piece of silicon, metal and plastic especially in an age when people tire of day old electronics. However I have had my mp3 for five years. I remember there was a time I refused to even consider getting an mp3; you would have to rip my CDs from my cold dead hands! However, over the years it has become a friend almost, saved me when I wanted to be alone, and been my bus buddy, its weird seeing it go. It's effecting me in a way it probably shouldn't, I am surrounded by death. My grandpa is decreasing in health rapidly and its been hard on me, include the fact that my grandpa and dad hate each other (my dad is basically a slave to my grandpa, and yet I love him even though he is so cruel, but I'm over-sharing now). So my mp3 dieing just adds insult to injury...strange huh?

Anyways I figured I would compile a most played list of recent songs, we'll call it "my mp3's greatest hits" ha.

The Wallflowers - Letters from a Wasteland



The Apples in Stereo - Can You Feel It



Zaho - Dima



Devotchka - How It Ends



The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Take Five



The Cool Kids - Beeper



Nada Surf - Killian's Red



Bloc Party - Flux



Spoon - I Summon You




No comments:

Post a Comment