September 26, 2009

Jay-Z - Forever Young

Forever Young is one of my favorite songs (especially the Youth Group remake...check it out, I'll post it below). This cover is from The Blueprint 3, Jay Z's newest album, and I have to say even though I'm not a big Jay-Z fan, I like it. It also makes me wonder the meaning behind the song (for Jay-Z) because he is on the cusp of his fortieth birthday and has definitely passed the torch down to younger artists like Kanye, Rihanna and Kid Cudi. Although his influence will live on, he is edging towards middle age, and is now more of a mentor for younger hip hop stars than an innovator. Although he seems to be far from retirement (even though he did claim The Black Album would be his last like five years ago) he still must wonder when his career will end.

Jay-Z's Cover



Youth Group's Cover

No comments:

Post a Comment