September 2, 2009

Andrew Bird - Imitosis

A very beautiful well written song, and the video is also a work of art. Its an interesting concept; its about man's search for meaning, and the exceptance that we may be alone in our own universe. I also like it because I am a science student, and if you have ever been in science you know there is a drive to explain EVERYTHING through math derivations, statistics and chemical reactions. And I must admit when "love," "hate" and human nature can be explained by reaction kinetics and biochemical interactions between enzymes and feedback inhibitors imagination and whimzy die. This actually bothers me a bit, I enjoy my physics and my chemistry but sometimes a little mystery is nice, I really don't feel like reading articles about "The chemistry of Love" in the science times...and yet I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment