July 1, 2009

July Playlist

V V Brown - "Shark in the Water" its refreshing to know some rhythm and blues hasn't lost it's soul. Its a great song with strong vocals, production and songwriting. Beyonce, after the "Sasha Fierce" fiasco its time to take some notes.



Frankmusik - "Confusion Girl" normally a guy with such a high pitched voice would annoy me, but Franmusik makes it work, not to mention that the production on this song makes it unbelievably catchy.



Fanfarlo - "The Walls are Coming Down" a romantic little indie tune, that reminds me of a more melancholy Matt Pond PA, with some Grizzly Bear thrown in.



Robbers On High Street - "The Fatalist" once in a while I like to resurrect some of my favorite older songs in my music collection on these playlists, this one is from 2006.



Holly Mcnarland - "Beautiful Blue" I have recently rediscovered this song and it is still just as beautiful as it was back in 2002.



Lucky Soul - "Lips are Unhappy" forget eighties nostalgia or even the calls of the seventies (MGMT, Chairlift) Lucky Soul go all the way back to the early 1960s.


The Big Pink - "Velvet" The name of the band might be questionable but the slick cool tunes they create leaves little doubt in my mind that they are going to be big in the indie scene.



Rose Elinor Dougal - "Start/Stop/Synchro" indie synth folk, a la Kate Bush.



Savoir Adore - "MERP" not a huge fan of the music video, but I dig the organic sound. I have a soft spot for chorus like boy-girl shouting indie groups I guess (The Go! Team, Los Campesionos!, Broken Social Scene) but hey it works.



No comments:

Post a Comment