July 20, 2009

Some Much Needed Indie Snobbery

The last couple of blog posts I have done have been about my pop music annoyances, guilty pleasures and grievances. So today I decided to go back to my roots, indie music. I know I write plenty about indie music already but I looked at my blog and I felt like it was time for some more obscure music to counteract all the mainstream stuff. So I am going to channel my inner indie snob which has been there throughout middle school and high school and post some "higher brow" music today. Lets have some fun being indie kids:

James Yorkston - Martinmas Time
A beautiful, elegant, sample of indie folk that makes me imagine Yorkston singing in a tiny little sea faring community off of Ireland or England for some reason. It sounds like it belongs to another era almost.



Bonde Do Role - Solta O Frango
A little bit of M.I.A. tinged flavor with some kuduro mixed in, I really dig the almost old school west coast hip hop beat and chanting.



Wild Beasts - Hooting & Howling
You have to wait for the song to build, but the waiting is worth it.



Architecture in Helsinki - Heart it Races
My favorite Architecture in Helsinki song ever, besides "its 5!" it just takes me right back to kindergarten...at least that's what I feel like every time I listen to this tune.



Headlights - Cherry Tulips
One of my favorite indie bands and one of the most hard working.



Sons & Daughters - Gilt Complex
They kick major ass, wouldn't mind seeing them live.



The Metros - Last of the Lookers
Just good vintage rock n' roll.



We Smoke Fags - Eastenders
A jab at all those people "With too much money and not enough intellect."



No comments:

Post a Comment