July 27, 2011

New Vivian Girls...

Well they graced my 'Worst of 2009' list for good reason! Listening to them makes me uncomfortable in more ways than one...The press release states that Vivian Girls is "venturing into challenging new musical and lyrical territory, reflecting the band members’ developing instrumental rapport and their far-reaching musical influences.” WHAT CHALLENGING NEW MUSICAL TERRITORY? None of them can sing....seriously...

But hey lot's of indie publications love their "diverse and eclectic sound" All I hear is I "popped too many vicodin tablets today because I was soooo bored and now I can't fall asleep because I'll die! That's why I sound like this all the time..." But you know they are from Brooklyn where bands must constantly compete with each other to see who can conjure up the most creatively "avante garde" sound...which generally means that they can't sing...and while not being able to sing may not bother some people, I really really can't stand listening to a group who collectively sounds as if they are either going to fall asleep at any minute or die.

No comments:

Post a Comment