July 7, 2011

Guilty Pleasures List 15

Guilty Pleasures lists are my opportunities to air all my dirty laundry. Why? Because I don't listen to the Velvet Underground on vinyl all the time...and whoever says they do, is bullshitting you.

T-ara "Wait a Minute"

Crazy Korean dancing? Weird placements of English words? Catchy dance hook? I think you all know me well enough by now...




Britney Spears "I Wanna Go"


Yeahhhhh I like it...I waited till guilty pleasures list 15 to say so though...If you take Brit for what she is, a pop fluff queen who sells sex to 12 year old girls, I think we can all appreciate her a little more. This record is actually really well produced, and catchy, and just plain fun to listen to. On a non music-snob level, it delivers everything you want from a pop record, catchy hooks, cheeky lyrics, and you can dance to it! Whether Britney Spears can sing or not...who fucking cares...but I do suggest that you read the article on her titled "The Tragedy of Britney Spears" by Vanessa Grigoriadis...it may make you think about her in a different way.




Don Diablo - Animale


Not so much a guilty pleasure I guess, I LOVE Dragonette and seeing them in concert is totally worth the experience...but this song is definitely an addiction, the "orange junkies" are really amusing.



Martin Solveig - Boys and Girls


Before "Hello" Dragonette and Martin collaborated on this...and I dance to it in my basement on a regular basis...



Rihanna - Man Down

Yeah yeah I like this too...I mean the Reggae/Dance Hall vibe is really really awesome. I really think her voice/ accent with the beat is great, it adds a grittiness that other Rihanna songs lack.

No comments:

Post a Comment