December 1, 2009

December Playlist

Silverclub - Answers
Trippy mixture of lofi, shoegaze and trance. It conjures up images of smoke filled dance clubs occupied by lots of pretty drugged out disoriented people. I like it a lot.



Toro Y Moi - Blessa
The track sounds like "Thieves Like Us" meets "Air." Toro Y Moi along with Neon Indian and washed Out (check out my "Acid Trip Playlist") are really turning electronica on its head right now. Mashing acid rock with trance and shoegaze to create crazy ear pleasing concoctions of sound.




The XX
- Crystalized
Modern day Pixies? You decide. Either way I dig the sound of this track.



The Drums - Let's Go Surfing
I have to admit I hated this song when I heard it 4 months ago...and now I'm strangely attracted to it. It's like The Beach Boys meets Williamsburg hipsters and they have a jam session.



Dam-Funk - Mirrors
funk meets lofi electronica? One strange mixture of sounds.



Nneka - Heartbeat
My favorite song on the list, Nigerian songstress adds her sound to the mix. Very quirky but very original, this track is hot.



Malakai - Moonsurfing
Awesome song. Weird guy...but who cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment