December 8, 2009

TheMusicGeek's Best of The Year List 1

Lily Allen - The Fear
"I wanna be rich and I want lots of money, I don't care about clever, I don't care about funny..." Lily Allen's first album put her on the map as one of the best female pop singer songwriters of the 2000s but 2009's the Fear solidified her status. She really is a weapon of "Massive [musical] Consumption."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-wGMlSuX_c&feature=related

Florence and the Machine - The Dog Days are Over
Florence started the year off with a bang, and this is the first song I heard from her back in March...and it's epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TwqE2X55Wg&feature=related

The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - Everything With You
Probably one of my favorite new bands of 2009, and maybe the first Brooklyn hipsters that I actually like.



Metric - Sick Muse
I am a die hard Metric fan...and this song explains why.



Lissy Trullie - Boy Boy
Once I heard this song I knew she would be a big deal...and she is.



Phoenix - 1901
These guys have been around for a few years, but this song is the one thing that caught the attention of the American audience.



T.I. feat Rihanna - Live your Life
Yeah Yeah roll your eyes...it doesn't make the song any less epic, admit it you were singing along to it too in March.



School of Seven Bells - Half Asleep
Ok so this song actually came out in 2008, but the song was officially released in 2009, and it makes School of Seven Bells one of the best kept secrets of 2009.



Ida Maria - Oh My God
I wrote about this woman in my first blog post ever and I still play this song at least once a day. Although this song really came out in 2007, her album hadn't gotten a wide distribution until this year.



Illa J - We Here
His debut album was produced by his late legendary brother J Dilla, Illa J was also one of the first rappers besides K'naan that I covered on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment