April 21, 2009

Is it Snoop Dog? no...its just Nipsey Hussle...


Okay so I heard about this kid and someone was telling me he was the West Coast's answer to Southern hip hop which has become much more dance oriented and less focused on lyrics. So they said this guy was like a young Snoop Dog...what they forgot to tell me is that he IS Snoop Dog! I listened Nipsey's song "Hussle in the House" its not bad but its not exceptional either. I know the current trend in rap is all about going back to its retro roots, Marky, Lupe, Charles Hamilton, The Cool Kids we do need some rappers representing the old west coast sound...I just wish that those rappers would be a little more original than this guy. They say imitation is the highest form of flattery but I think being original is better. But hey you may like Nipsey I have a feeling he will be big...I'm just not that into it, I'll stick with my NWA and Tupac.


No comments:

Post a Comment