May 3, 2009

Stereophonics

Its the end of the year and I have 1 more exam left the dreaded CHM 225 final. Its a full year course (that's right people from September to May) and the exam is cumulative so that's thermodynamics plus quantum chemistry. Two semesters worth of stuff. So here are my top songs for my last exam...ha.

Stereophonics - "Dakota" This song just screams summer vacation, in that dreamy summer fling sort of way.



Semisonic - "Closing Time" One of my all time favorite songs of the nineties. The tune is a bit cliche, and it was the only hit from their record "Feeling Strangely Fine" which I think is a tad unfair. However it wouldn't have been such a big hit if the song wasn't well written and well produced. (Listen to other songs on their album too; "Secret Smile" is another great Semisonic song.)







Spoon - "The Way We Get By" Spoon is one of my favorite bands. I have all their records from "Girls Can Tell" to "Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga" and this song is an awesome example of how cool and simplistic a rock song can be.



The Black Keys - "Just Got To Be" one of the best songs of this decade. Its a reserved conversation with a guitar and a drum set, with the vocals acting as a translator.


No comments:

Post a Comment