May 2, 2009

Guilty Pleasures List 2


Stefy - "Hey School Boy" and "Pretty Little Nightmare" I have listened to them since high school...in fact I own the entire "Orange Album" but being the indie kid I am, I have kept it hidden in the closet until now. Stefy Rae's songs are guilty morsels of electronic pop perfection, however they also sound dangerously "mainstream" which is why the high school version of myself hid her album deep with in my mp3. God forbid anyone think I wasn't indie!


Girls Aloud - "Loving Kind" This song was written by the Pet Shop Boys so its obviously as mainstream and as pop-y as it gets. Its an addictive song and now that I am in university I can openly admit to liking it without having my Converse shoes and Urban Outfitters cardigans confiscated.


Keri Hilson - "Knock You Down" I don't like Kanye West. I don't like Ne-Yo, but I like Keri Hilson. And the girl can sing, and write and produce. And this song is well produced, well written and well sung. I have to give Keri credit for writing and co-producing almost all of her tracks on her album. Although plenty of indie, underground, and alternative acts produce and write their own music, its quite rare to hear of a R&B diva willing to not just sing but take a more active role in the music creating process.

No comments:

Post a Comment