May 3, 2010

Guilty Pleasures List 12

It has been about 3 months maybe even more since I created one of these lists, why? Because I haven't been listening to ANY Korean pop at all...my musical diet has consisted of angry West Coast rap and mellow indie folk rock for the last few months...but I'm tired of that now, and have have been craving something lighter. Plus I missed airing my dirty musical laundry over the Internet.

Girls' Generation - Run Devil Run
if you can remember, I posted Girls' Generation's "Oh!" a while ago (and it's also quite an addicting song. anyways the MV for "oh!" had the girls running around in cheerleader uniforms acting like stereotypical "girls" which I semi resented, but the song was so good, I ignored the obvious "gender" roles. Anyways this song, which is equally addicting changes things up and has the girls as the alternate 'bad girls.' I like. I will also post "Oh!" below.





KARA - Lupin
You have no idea how happy I am that KARA have returned to their bad girl roots...the cutsey image was beginning to annoy me.



TVXQ! - Mirotic
So yeah...haven't been listening to K-pop for a minute and boy do I miss the horrible haircuts and cheesy dance routines, I'm sort of nostalgic haha.



2NE1 - Follow Me
It's no secret that I'm obsessed with the group, and I will freely admit this in public. The South Korean "TLC?" I think so.



T-ARA - I Go Crazy Because of You
As you can imagine, I haven't been following K-pop for a few months...so there is a ton of stuff I'm listening to now...and I HATED Bo-Peep, but I love this.



After School - Bang
You know what I miss most from K-pop? The horrible misplacement of English words...this song covers it.



Lee Hyori - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
I missed Lee Hyori, and she's back just in time for me to get reacquainted with K-Pop...perfect. Although I could do without the "Lady Gaga" inspired hair. Digging the song though.



Gummy - There is no Love
Ok, on a more errm "serious" note, Gummy is an older South Korean artist that I really like on a not so superficial level. In fact she has a very strong, fresh voice and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment