June 27, 2009

Michael Jackson

Since this is a music blog I feel obligated to comment on the passing of Michael Jackson. The only problem is its hard for me to do, because I can honestly say that I did not listen to the majority of his music or follow his career that closely. However, one cannot deny the impact he had on pop music and indirectly on alternative and indie music. I only mention this because Micheal's trademark hooks and songs especially from "Thriller' and "Bad" are still the standard for catchy dance and pop tunes that have trickled down to the underground scene. Michael's older songs (meaning pre-1993) will probably remain the golden standard for pop tunes for years to come, if you take the time to listen to "Thriller" every other heir to thrown of pop music (yes Justin Timberlake that means you) pails in comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment