May 19, 2011

Kreayshawn

So my friend Paris posted this video on his facebook of this song called "Gucci Gucci" by this white girl rapper named Kreayshawn...and all I can say is WOW. Wow....I don't even know what I should say...first I watched her video....then I watched her interview. This is either an artfully don't prank a la retro MAD TV or she's gonna be fucking huge as shit...

But let's just say her interview doesn't exactly paint her in the most flattering light, apparently her crew is as diverse as the "Bratz Dolls" ok....



Believe me I'm all for Diversity in hip hop, heck Azad Right and Yasmin two recent blog posts of mine are of Iranian origin (well their parents are from Iran), and MIA is from Sri Lanka you have Wale who is of Nigerian origin, K'naan is from Somalia, things ARE changing. But this THIS..."white girl swag?" Being a um "white girl" and understanding that being a tiny white girl especially in the hip hop industry must be fucking hard, and I'm sure it must be really hard to be taken seriously as a white girl rapper...but this cartoon image she has going on....I dunno man...I'm on the fence. And she's not the first white girl rapper, heck what about Lady Sovereign she's pretty badass, without looking like she puts on a new face every morning and dressing like she bought the entire "Against All Odds" store...

But anyways for some odd reason I am kinda drawn to this really really strange combo of Kid Rock plus Nicki Minaj image she has going on...I can't help my ears like it or not...hell I'm in for the ride. I think it's just the ODDNESS...and this video is realllllly odd.....

No comments:

Post a Comment