January 26, 2010

Curren$y - Breakfast

Mehhhh he's done some better shit, this isn't exactly my favorite single of his. I also kinda get annoyed when rappers keep using the words "bitch" and "motherfucker" it's not that I am easily offended, it just gets really boring. I actually think one of the biggest problems with hip hop is the limited vocabulary of today's rappers (that is changing). I really want to see the lexicon of hip hop lingo expanded, because if rappers are the poets of our time (I'm not big on poetry but still) one of the job requirements is the ability to bend words and play with language. It's true that you have to (in my English professor's terms) "own" the language before using it, and I'm not looking for Shakespeare when I listen to a hip hop tune, but seriously gimme something quotable.

CURREN$Y - BREAKFAST from Creative Control on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment